Connect with us

Sports

WWE Rumors: Sasha Banks shockingly released, stunning wrestling world

Published

on

WWE Rumors: Sasha Banks shockingly released, stunning wrestling world

WWE diva Sasha Bank gets introduced before her match on Saturday, Dec. 18, 2021, at the BMO Harris Bank Center in Rockford.
Wwe Supershow010

WWE diva Sasha Bank gets introduced before her match on Saturday, Dec. 18, 2021, at the BMO Harris Bank Center in Rockford.
Wwe Supershow010

Almost exactly one month after walking out of a Monday Night Raw taping, Sasha Banks has reportedly been released by the WWE

According to Raj Giri of Wrestling Inc, Sasha Banks has been released from the WWE.

This release comes just one day shy of a month since she and her tag team partner, Naomi, walked out of a WWE Monday Night Raw taping in May in protest of poor booking decisions.

Advertisement

I’m hearing Sasha Banks has been released. I don’t know if it’s he requested it or if it was on WWE’s end

— Raj Giri (@TheRajGiri) June 16, 2022

This news was initially disputed by Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful, who claims to have spoken to WWE Talent Relations this afternoon when Giri first gave him the source and information he had. Talent Relations reportedly told Sapp that they had no information on this. However, Sapp concludes his tweet by giving Giri credibility, saying he has good sources.

Notably, Raj Giri was one of the first to report on CM Punk’s impending debut in September of 2021.

I spoke with Raj this afternoon and asked WWE about this. As of this evening, they said they hadn’t heard that, and talent relations didn’t seem to know.

Not saying that it didn’t or isn’t happening, but this is what I’ve heard so far when I asked. Raj has good sources https://t.co/cnBADkuFyg

— Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.com (@SeanRossSapp) June 16, 2022

Advertisement

Sasha Banks may have just become the hottest free agent in wrestling history

Sasha Banks has been a huge part of WWE’s move towards a more competitive, more modern, and progressive women’s roster. Her matches with Bayley in NXT as well as her main roster feuds with Charlotte and Becky Lynch capped off what WWE called “The Women’s Revolution” Banks was not satisfied with just that achievement, however, and would continue to put the women’s division on her back through the last five years, even becoming the first black woman to main event a Wrestlemania alongside Bianca Belair.

Outside of the ring, Banks had begun to make herself into more of a star, with recurring appearances in the Disney Plus original series “The Mandalorian”. Banks has implied many times that she has interests in Hollywood and may choose to stay out of the ring moving forward to pursue her interest on the big screen.

Read More

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Sports

2022 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Saturday livestream

Published

on

2022 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Saturday livestream

What should have been the 30th edition of the hillclimb had it not been for the COVID cancellation in 2020, an array of racing and road machinery ranging from Formula 1, to MotoGP, to sportscars and electric vehicles, will either tackle the course at speed or parade up the concourse for fans to admire.

Current Mercedes Formula 1 star George Russell will take one of the marque’s racers up the hill this weekend, while Nigel Mansell’s 1992 world title will be celebrated by a display from the man himself in some of his most iconic machines.

Elsewhere, three-time MotoGP world champion Wayne Rainey will make an emotional debut at the Festival of Speed, as the American – who was paralysed in an incident in 1993 – will ride a specially adapted Yamaha YZR500 he took to his last world title in 1992 this weekend.

You can watch all of the live action from the hill on Motorsport.com and Motorsport.tv throughout the weekend.

Advertisement

Read More

Continue Reading

Sports

Mercedes: Zero complacency over F1 2022 100% finishing record

Published

on

Mercedes: Zero complacency over F1 2022 100% finishing record

Lewis Hamilton and George Russell have finished every race so far in 2022 to ensure that Mercedes is the only squad without a retirement.

On the other hand, championship contenders Red Bull and Ferrari have endured their fair share of mechanical problems in the opening phase of the campaign.

Red Bull’s Max Verstappen retired from the grands prix in Bahrain (fuel pump) and Australia (fuel leak), while Sergio Perez also failed to finish in Bahrain (fuel pump) and was forced out in Canada last week with a gearbox problem.

Ferrari has also had race-stopping car problems beyond the incidents that put Carlos Sainz out in Australia and Imola.

Advertisement

The Spaniard suffered an hydraulics failure in the Azerbaijan Grand Prix, while teammate Charles Leclerc had engine failures in Baku and Spain.

Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff welcomed the finishing record of his squad but did not believe that it had created an invincible car.

“It’s funny that both teams keep having their cars stop,” he said. “But you can’t be complacent about that because it can swing in the other direction very quickly.

“We’re happy about our reliability. Last year, when we look at how we went with the engine, we had the other phenomenon [and lots of problems]. That’s why I don’t want to get too excited too soon.”

Charles Leclerc, Ferrari F1-75, limps back to the pit trailing smoke

Charles Leclerc, Ferrari F1-75, limps back to the pit trailing smoke

Advertisement

Photo by: Glenn Dunbar / Motorsport Images

While Ferrari’s reliability failures have been very costly in championship terms, with Leclerc potentially losing two wins because of problems, team boss Mattia Binotto does not think that DNFs will solely decide the title fight.

“Reliability is certainly important, as important as the performance, but I don’t think will be the only factor,” he said after the Canadian Grand Prix.

“I think development from now until the end of the season is another one, as is the budget gap, and then reliability finally.”

Read Also:
Advertisement
  • Wolff: Mercedes needs to be “careful” with F1 expectations
  • Mercedes F1 plans British GP upgrades amid raised expectations
  • Ferrari hopes FIA will prove impartiality over ex-Mercedes lawyer

While F1’s cars are all-new for this year, the power units are a carryover with the engine regulations not due to change until 2026.

But Binotto says that Ferrari has been exposed by an overhaul during the winter, plus limitations that have been imposed on dyno running.

“The power unit is a completely new design compared to the past, and the problem is because it’s certainly a young project,” he said.

“On top of that, there are limitations on the dynos which were not there in the past, so you cannot run much on the dyno. We are limited, which means the exercise is more complicated.”

Additional reporting by Christian Nimmervoll

Advertisement

Read More

Continue Reading

Sports

“Intense pain” forces Espargaro withdrawal from MotoGP Dutch GP

Published

on

“Intense pain” forces Espargaro withdrawal from MotoGP Dutch GP

The Spaniard injured his ribs in a heavy crash in FP1 at the Sachsenring last weekend, and was ultimately forced to retire from the race due to the pain.

He had hoped to be better for this weekend’s Dutch GP but, after ending Friday 19th overall, he said the pain he was experiencing was much worse than expected and was unsure if he could continue.

Having undergone treatment overnight at Assen and seeing no substantial improvement in his conditions, Espargaro has taken the decision to withdraw from the Assen weekend.

Honda hopes Espargaro will recover in time for August’s British Grand Prix.

Advertisement

A statement from the team read: “Repsol Honda Team’s Pol Espargaro will not participate in the remainder of the Dutch GP due to his injuries sustained at the Sachsenring.

“Since suffering his fall in Free Practice 1 at the German GP, Pol Espargaro has tried his maximum in order to recover and be fit for Round 11 of the MotoGP World Championship.

“After Free Practice 2 on Friday, Espargaro was still in intense pain and discomfort.

”Consequently, he feels he is not capable of racing a MotoGP bike and together with the Repsol Honda Team has elected to sit out the race in Assen.

“The Repsol Honda Team is looking forward to welcoming a fully fit Pol Espargaro back in Silverstone after the Summer Break.

Advertisement

“Stefan Bradl will continue to contest the Dutch GP with the Repsol Honda Team.”

Pol Espargaro, Repsol Honda Team

Pol Espargaro, Repsol Honda Team

Photo by: Gold and Goose / Motorsport Images

Espargaro explained on Friday at Assen that the damage to the muscles around his ribs was also giving him severe back problems.

He also revealed that on the Monday following the German GP that he struggled to even lift himself out of his bed, such was the intensity of the pain he was feeling following the Sachsenring race.

Advertisement

Espargaro is set to leave Honda at the end of the 2022 MotoGP season and return to KTM with the Tech 3 squad.

Suzuki’s Joan Mir is expected to take his place at the factory Honda squad next year, while Alex Rins will replace Alex Marquez at LCR in 2023 on a factory contract.

Read More

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2022 Newsline. Powered by WordPress.