Good morning! Max Verstappen will drive today’s Grand Prix in France from pole position. In the same country, residents of all 17 regions and departments elect regional representatives.
But first is the weather: today there is a period of sunshine and cloud fields. It will stay dry in most places. The temperature this afternoon is between 20 and 26 degrees, with a mild southwesterly wind.
What can you expect today?
- In France, regional representatives are elected by 17 regions and departments. The election will be used as a measure of next year’s presidential election. It is expected that Marina Le Pen’s right-wing populist party will reap huge gains.
- In the context of World Refugee Day, a monument was placed on the beach of Scheveningen with the names of refugees or the place of their deaths written on it. The operation began with the reading of the names of 44,000 people who died on the European border (between 1993 and 2020) and ended with the placement of a monument.
- Max Verstappen drives the French Grand Prix. The driver set the fastest time in yesterday’s decisive qualifying and won pole position for the fifth time in his career. The game can be tracked through the live blog on the NOS.nl and NOS apps and the flashlight on NPO Radio 1 starting at 3pm.
- The Dutch National Men’s Cycling Championship will be held in Drenthe. Mathieu van der Poel used red, white and blue to defend this jersey. The game can be broadcast live in the NPO1, NOS.nl and NOS apps starting at 2.30pm.
What did you miss?
In Fort Lauderdale, Florida, in the southern United States, one person died and one was injured. Events during the Pride Parade. A pickup truck drove past the crowd at high speed.
The cause of the incident is still under investigation. The pickup truck driver has been arrested by the police. Witnesses told local media that he said the collision was an accident. The man is part of the parade and is a member of the Gay Men’s Choir of Fort Lauderdale.
Other news of the night:
- The man was shot in a nightclub in Rotterdam, the police are looking for the perpetrator According to the police, the victims were approachable after the shooting. He received treatment on the spot and was taken to the hospital.
- The boy with a black paint water gun was arrested in Gouda: A witness saw the three people walking around with pistols and called the police. The police officer then drew his gun and approached the teenagers. They were searched and arrested. It was not until the police station knew that these weapons were not real.
- The first trial of the Sovo Tribunal of the Sea Dental Department began in September: Former rebel leader Saleh Mustafa will face war crime charges. He is suspected of killing a prisoner, arbitrarily arresting and torturing detained civilians. Last year, the former rebel leader was arrested and transferred to The Hague. The court was established six years ago to investigate and try war criminals in the Kosovo War between 1998 and 2000.
Every morning, we will update you the past match days of the 2021 European Football Championship within 2:21 minutes. Check out today’s video here, starring German-Dutch Robin Gosens.