The Italian news agency ANSA reported on Wednesday that the police had arrested 3 people after a car accident in Italy killed 14 people.
The accident occurred in Piedmont, Italy on Sunday. There were 15 people in the cabin. When the accident happened, the cable car moved from Stresa to the top of Mottarone.
The cable car crash only spared one child.
During the investigation, the Italian police arrested a cable car engineer, a service supervisor and an operational service supervisor.
Prosecutor Olimpia Bossi told ANSA that investigators found that the safety brake system had been “set up” to avoid cable car delays.
Bossi said the three detainees took “conscious action” and added that to avoid stopping service, a device was left on the cable car to deactivate the brake in an emergency, which means that when the cable breaks When the security system is not activated.
The detainees were charged with manslaughter, causing accidental disasters, and removing tools to prevent accidents.
Bossi said that the arrest of the three was “a very serious and disturbing result of the investigation.” Bossi said: “I firmly believe that the cable will never be disconnected, and they have taken the risk of causing fatal consequences.”
She added that the Mottarone cable car reopened after it ceased operations due to the coronavirus pandemic a month ago. In an emergency, the brakes were “deactivated for a few days” and the brakes were deactivated in an emergency.
Recall that 14 people were killed in a cabin where a cable car crashed near Lake Maggiore in northern Italy.
The accident happened when the transport cable fell, and the cabin was about to reach the top. She fell into the woods and hit the tree.
Due to major repairs, the cable car was closed in 2014 and reopened two years later. The project cost 4 million euros.
Corriere della Sera objavio je imenažrtavadanašnjetragedije. To su: Amit Billan (30), Tal Pelleger (26), Tom Billan (2), Barbara Cohen Koensky (71), Itek Cohen ( 81), Mohamed Reza Shahai Savandi (22), Serena Cocentino (27), Silvia Marnati (26) ), Alessandro Melo ( 29), Vittorio Zoroni (54), Elizabeth Pesanini (38), Angelo Vito Gasparo (45) and Roberta Pistoolato (40 ).
Among the victims were Italians and foreign tourists. According to Corriere, the victims came from five families, two of whom lived in Lombardy, one in Emilia, Romania and the other in Calabria. The news that a 9-year-old child subsequently died in the hospital has not been announced.
The youngest victim was a two-year-old boy, Tom Biran, who lived in Pavia with his parents Amit Biran and Tal Biran. The person also died in tragedy. The family originally came from Israel. Among the victims were Tom’s grandparents and Tal Bilan’s parents. They arrived a few days ago, visited their daughter and husband, and then decided to travel by the lake.