According to a survey conducted by Kylian Mbappé, the world champion of the International Sports Science Center (CIES), among the ten most valuable football players in the world, the most valuable Paris Saint-Germain striker (recently worth 200 million euros) was disqualified.
CIES’s recent top spot was led by Manchester City’s 21-year-old national team player’s offensive midfielder Phil Foden, with an estimated market value of 190.2 million euros. Behind them are two other football players who are in Manchester but have been strengthened in Manchester United, Mason Greenwood and Marcus Rashford, the former is worth 178 and the latter is worth 159.1 million euros. Despite his high net worth, Greenwood is not enough to fit into the England national team preparing for the European Championships.
Norwegian striker Erlin Haaland, who broke countless age and scoring records, is only fourth, followed by another Manchester player, Portugal United midfielder Bruno Fernandez. Even Chelsea teenager Mason Mount ranked tenth, with five Premier League players in the top ten.
Perhaps the most controversial point on the list is that only Paris Saint-Germain’s top and French national team champion Kylian Mbappe (Kylian Mbappe) is still only 22 years old. The market value has almost halved in the past year or two. It is considered worthy to rank only 12th.
The leading group of CIES Most Valuable Football Players (in Euros):
1. Phil Foden (Manchester City) 190.2 million
2. Mason Greenwood (Manchester United) 178 million
3. Marcus Rashford (Manchester United) 159.1 million
4. Erin Harland (Dortmund) 155.5 million
5. Bruno Fernandez (Manchester United) 154.3 million
6. Frankie De Jong (Barcelona) 138.7 million
7. Pedri (Barcelona) 133.2 million
8. Alfonso Davis (Bayern Munich) 131.6 million
9. Joao Felix (Atletico Madrid) 127.8 million
10. Mason Mount (Chelsea) 123.6 million
… 12. Kylian Mbappé (Paris Saint-Germain) 118.3 million