Antonio Costa said that a decision was made at the ministerial meeting today.
Prime Minister António Costa (António Costa) confirmed that the government will carry out civil requisitions for the strike of foreigners and Border Service Workers scheduled for June 1-15. The decision put forward by Antonio Costa this afternoon was approved at the meeting of the Council of Ministers. Prior to this, the information had been forwarded in Parliament by the Minister of Internal Administration Eduardo Cabrita (Eduardo Cabrita).
“Today’s Council of Ministers decided to continue the civil expropriation of SEF investigators and inspectors at the airport,” Eduardo Cabrita said during the parliamentary debate on the SEF reorganization marked in the CDS-PP draft resolution.
The minister said that the Madeira region government and most of the mayors of the tourist area have already submitted civil requisition requests, “this is due to national security considerations.”
The SEF coalition of SEF investigations, inspections, and border inspectors set a strike cycle for June, starting next week to oppose the government’s intention to “extinguish SEF.”
Eduardo Cabrita believes that the strike announced by one of the SEF unions is “absolutely unacceptable and irresponsible”.
“A strike is a serious attack on national security and is unacceptable in a disaster situation. In the event of a disaster, the SEF must also check the health and safety status, that is, whether citizens arriving in Portugal have received a common diagnostic test -19” , He emphasized.
For the minister, the strike “is also in line with the expectations of the national economic recovery.”