The SEF’s Coalition of Investigation, Surveillance and Border Inspectors today appealed to the Supreme Administrative Court a civil expropriation order issued by the government at the airport after a strike scheduled for June.
Renato Mendonça, chairman of the Council of Trade Unions, told Lusa News Agency: “In view of the illegality of this government decision, we call on the Supreme Administrative Court to subpoena to strengthen the protection of rights, freedoms and guarantees.”
The SEF Investigation, Inspection and Border Inspectors Federation (SIIFF) plans to hold a strike in June, starting next week, which violates the government’s intention to “eliminate SEF”.
On Thursday, May 27, Prime Minister Antonio Costa confirmed that the government will conduct civil expropriation during the Workers’ Strike of the Bureau of Foreign Affairs and Border Services from June 1 to 15. Antonio Costa said that the decision was approved at the meeting of the Council of Ministers. Prior to this, the information had been forwarded in Parliament by the Minister of Internal Administration Eduardo Cabrita (Eduardo Cabrita).
“Today’s Council of Ministers decided to continue the civil expropriation of SEF investigators and inspectors at the airport,” Eduardo Cabrita said during the parliamentary debate on the SEF reorganization marked in the CDS-PP draft resolution.
The minister said that the Madeira region government and most of the mayors of the tourist area have already submitted civil requisition requests, “this is due to national security considerations.”
The SEF coalition of SEF investigations, inspections, and border inspectors set a strike cycle for June, starting next week to oppose the government’s intention to “extinguish SEF.”
Eduardo Cabrita believes that the strike announced by one of the SEF unions is “absolutely unacceptable and irresponsible”.