After the government suddenly allowed registration for people over 40 overnight, POLES rushed to apply for a vaccine against covid-19 this morning. Due to the large number of applications, everything caused the system to collapse.
So far, more than two million Poles have received two doses of the vaccine.
The prime minister’s chief adviser in charge of the vaccination program said that the vaccination rate among the elderly has declined, so the government has decided to expand the way of vaccination.
Michal Dworczyk told private radio station RMF FM: “The application rate of people over 60 has slowed down in the past two days, so we decided to publish a report on people who expressed their willingness to do so in January.”
He added that 40 to 60-year-olds who expressed their willingness to get vaccinated would receive recommendations for vaccination overnight.
Opposition lawmakers criticized the government’s unexpected actions.
Left-wing MP Adrian Zandberg said in a tweet: “Dear Ministry, such changes should be made public when they are posted! People should not find out about this change from your replies on my Twitter Information.”
Due to the fierce attack of the system, he fell. Dworczyk said at a press conference that the registration of people between 40 and 59 years old will be temporarily suspended for several hours to eliminate technical difficulties.
This 38 million country is affected by the third coronavirus pandemic, which has pushed the health system to extremes, leaving some areas without respiratory tracts.
According to data from the Ministry of Health, Poland confirmed 35,251 new coronavirus cases on Thursday, a new daily record.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, the country has confirmed 2,356,970 cases of coronavirus infection and 53665 deaths.