Connect with us

Top News

Lil Wayne denied entry into U.K. for festival performance

Published

on

Lil Wayne denied entry into U.K. for festival performance

Rapper Lil Wayne will no longer perform at a British music festival this weekend after he was declined entry into the United Kingdom, organizers have said.

The five-time Grammy Award winner, who was sentenced to one year in jail in 2010 relating to a gun possession charge, was scheduled to take to the stage at the Strawberries & Creem festival on Saturday.

Ludacris will now perform instead.

“Due to extreme circumstances beyond our control or influence, we are very sorry to inform you that Lil Wayne is now unable to perform at the festival on Saturday 18th June,” festival organisers said in a statement on Wednesday.

Advertisement

“Lil Wayne has been refused entry to the U.K… We are deeply disappointed by this sudden and negative ruling. We have received very minimal notice, and the timing of the decision is of course upsetting for all involved.”

Lil Wayne’s performance would have been his first in the U.K. in 14 years, according to the festival.

“Any individual who has been sentenced to a custodial sentence of 12 months or more must have their application refused,” a Home Office spokesperson said.

Representatives for Lil Wayne, whose real name is Dwayne Carter Jr., could not immediately be reached for comment.

In 2010, the rapper served eight months of a one year sentence at New York’s Rikers Island prison stemming from a 2007 gun possession charge.

Last year, he was pardoned by former President Donald Trump on his last day in office, after pleading guilty to illegally possessing a loaded, gold-plated handgun when his chartered jet landed in Miami in December 2019.

Advertisement

He had faced a sentence of up to 10 years in prison. 

Read More

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Top News

Mishael Morgan becomes first Black artist to win Best Actress Daytime Emmy

Published

on

Mishael Morgan becomes first Black artist to win Best Actress Daytime Emmy

Mishael Morgan becomes first Black artist to win Best Actress Daytime Emmy

Mishael Morgan won the Best Lead Actress Daytime Emmy Award on Friday. Photo courtesy of CBS

June 25 (UPI) — The Young & the Restless star Mishael Morgan became the first Black artist to win a Daytime Emmy Award in the Best Lead Actress category in Pasadena Friday night.

“I was born on a tiny island in the Caribbean, and I’m now standing on an international stage and I am being honored regardless of the color of my skin, regardless of my passport, for being the best at what I do,” Morgan said as she accepted her statuette.

Advertisement

“Now there are little girls around the world and no matter what the industry, the vocation … they can strive to be the best.”

The actress also thanked viewers for their support since she joined the soap opera in 2013.

“I am so immensely proud of our generation,” she said. “We are breaking glass ceilings left right and center and I am so honored to be a vessel and to experience this moment. Everybody out there today, we can do this thing called equality and unity together.”

Read More

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Top News

BTS’ ‘Proof’ tops U.S. album chart

Published

on

BTS’ ‘Proof’ tops U.S. album chart

1/5

BTS' 'Proof' tops U.S. album chart

BTS’ “Proof” is No. 1 on the Billboard 200 album chart. File Photo by Oliver Contreras/UPI | License Photo

June 25 (UPI) — K-pop group BTS’ Proof is the No. 1 album in the United States this week.

Coming in at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 chart dated Saturday is Bad Bunny’s Un Verano Sin Ti, followed by Harry Styles’ Harry’s House at No. 3, Post Malone’s Twelve Carat Toothache at No. 4 and Future’s I Never Liked You at No. 5.

Advertisement

Rounding out the top tier are Morgan Wallen’s Dangerous: The Double Album at No. 6, Kendrick Lamar’s Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers at No. 7, Olivia Rodrigo’s Sour at No. 8, SZA’s Ctrl at No. 9 and Carrie Underwood’s Denim & Rhinestones at No. 10.

Read More

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Top News

Shooting at Oslo, Norway, gay bar leaves 2 dead

Published

on

Shooting at Oslo, Norway, gay bar leaves 2 dead

Shooting at Oslo, Norway, gay bar leaves 2 dead

Police investigate the scene after several shots were fired outside the London Pub in the center of Oslo, Norway, on Saturday. Photo by Javad Parsa/EPA-EFE

June 25 (UPI) — Oslo, Norway, canceled its gay pride parade and raised its terror threat to the highest level Saturday after a shooting at an LGBTQ nightclub left two people dead and 21 injured, authorities said.

The shooting took place at 1:14 a.m. Saturday at the London Pub, a second bar and a fast-food restaurant. Police arrested a suspected gunman who they believe acted alone.

Advertisement

Of those injured, 10 were in serious condition.

Police haven’t identified the suspected shooter, but described him as being a 42-year-old Norwegian citizen of Iranian descent, according to Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten. CNN reported he was “known to police” and had minor previous convictions.

Authorities said they seized two weapons from him upon the arrest.

Roger Berg, the head of Norway’s domestic intelligence and security service, said the shooting was being investigated as an act of “extreme Islamist terror,” according to The Washington Post.

The suspect was being held on charges of murder, attempted murder and terrorism, police official Christian Hatlo said.

Advertisement

The attack happened hours before the city’s planned gay pride parade. Organizers said pride events scheduled for Saturday have been canceled upon police advice.

Despite the cancellation, thousands of people joined an impromptu parade outside the nightclubs where the shooting took place. Many waved gay pride flags, while others shouted slogans of support for gay rights.

Read More

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2022 Newsline. Powered by WordPress.