Organizers announced on Thursday that the Le Mans 24-hour race will be postponed to June to August because they hope that spectators can participate in the race at the new time.
In September last year, a legendary battle was held under a closed gate regarding the coronavirus pandemic.
This year’s competition will be held from August 21st to 22nd, instead of the original June 12th to 13th.
Pierre Fillon, chairman of the organizer of the Auto Club, said: “Although it is difficult to make this decision, it is still the right decision.” He added that it is incredible to work behind closed doors for two consecutive years, especially It is a new type of racing car called a supercar that will be unveiled on the racing track this year.
Fillon said: “We will do our best to ensure that we can keep the game in front of the audience under safe conditions and take all necessary health measures.”
This year is the 89th time the 24 Hours of Le Mans has been held.