Former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi (Silvio Berlusconi) has been admitted to the Milan hospital. Italian media wrote that he reported to the San Rafael Clinic yesterday about his corona infection in September last year. The doctors decided that he should stay for further examinations.
It is unclear whether Berlusconi can appear in the court of Siena tomorrow. One of his lawyers said: “We will decide what is needed tomorrow based on what the doctor tells.”
It is said that the 84-year-old former prime minister had bribed witnesses in the Ruby case. It was during the lawsuit that he was suspected of inciting sex with underage prostitutes. He was acquitted in 2014, but he is now suspected of paying witnesses to remain silent on the case. Berlusconi denied this.
The court may render its verdict on Thursday. The prosecution asked the former prime minister to be sentenced to four years and two months in prison. The hearing has been postponed four times.Last time was In JanuaryAt that time, Berlusconi underwent a medical examination for arrhythmia in Monaco.
After the news of the admission became widely known, the shares of the Berlusconi family business Mediaset rose. Analysts believe that as Berlusconi’s health deteriorates, investors are counting on selling products to new owners.