A quarter of the new licenses are located in the Lisbon metropolitan area
As of April this year, mainland Portugal has submitted more than 16,100 new residential applications for municipal permits, of which 7,300 new residential projects have announced Confidencial Imobiliário.
“this is pipeline This is higher than the record for the same period last year when there were 6,770 projects and 15,800 houses in the portfolio”, Confidencial Imobiliário pointed out in a statement, adding that the number of projects has increased by 8% and the portfolio has increased by 2%. The number of fires .
In addition, it also emphasized that approximately 81% of the portfolio is from new projects, responsible for 5,900 projects out of a total of 13,100 houses, and restoration works account for the remaining 19%, for a total of 1,400 projects, and a total of 3,000 fires.
The Lisbon metropolitan area received 24% of the housing pipeline As of April, there were 3,800 units, accounting for 1,500 new projects approved. The Porto metropolitan area received 3,200 new homes distributed in more than 700 projects, accounting for 20% of the national portfolio, while the Algarve contributed 1,000 homes, equivalent to 6% of the country’s pipeline. There are 400 new projects in this last area.
Among the three regions, only the Porto Metropolitan Area has seen positive changes compared to the same period last year, with the number of houses increasing by 22%. In the Algarve and Lisbon metropolitan areas, the trend is declining, with the portfolio shrinking by 13% and 8%, respectively.