Sounds Australia has once again teamed up with New York City’s Capital One City Parks Foundation SummerStage for the annual Aussie BBQ. For the first time in three years (waylaid since 2019 due to the pandemic), the showcase of new and rising Australian talent will take over Central Park this Saturday from 3-10pm with performances from Baker Boy, Electric Fields, G Flip, Haiku Hands, Peking Duk and You Am I.
See latest videos, charts and news
See latest videos, charts and news
Pandemic related lockdowns have deprived American audiences of live talent from Australia and the country’s rising stars are more than eager to make their U.S. debuts.
Indigenous Australian rapper Baker Boy is using his trip to play his first headlining gig – a June 14 show at Los Angeles’ Moroccan Lounge – and then head to New York for the showcase. Performing at the Aussie BBQ “is really incredible because I get to share not only my music, but also my culture,” Baker Boy tells Billboard, “not just as an artist from Australia but as an indigenous artist. That’s pretty amazing.”
In October, Baker Boy – who raps in both English and Yolŋu Matha of the indigenous people of northeast Arnhem Land in northern Australia – released his debut album Gela and has already racked up accolades including six ARIA nominations, an ARIA Gold certification for “Cool As Hell” and “Mr La Di Da Di,” six wins at the National Indigenous Music Awards and an Order of Australia medal.
The Los Angeles show was a success by the Australian artist’s standards who says the audience enjoyed the messaging around his music and “the whole vibe was really energetic. It made me so hype that I started to bust a move and doing the splits,” he adds.
This Saturday, Baker Boy will be joined by artists he’s come to call friends including Peking Duk and Electric Fields, who is says are like family. In 2021, Baker Boy also released track “My Mind” with fellow performer G Flip.
G Flip, who moved to Los Angeles last year, also performed their first headlining U.S. show earlier this month at the iconic Roxy Theater in LA to a sold-out crowd. “Australia will always be home for me and I’m so stoked to be included in an event like this,” says G Flip of the Aussie BBQ. “I’m such a massive fan of all the Aussie legends on the lineup.”
For more than ten years, Sounds Australia has provided an integral platform for introducing the international music industry to the best new Aussie music. The inaugural Aussie BBQ in 2019 saw almost 5000 New Yorkers turn up to see A.B. Original, Hermitude, The Teskey Brothers, Tkay Maidza, San Cisco and WAAX perform.
Electric Fields will kick off the event on Saturday at 5 p.m. with a livestream throughout the day. To check out the livestream, head here.
How long do Valorant’s Acts last? Answered
Image via Riot Acts in Valorant are akin to seasons in games like Fortnite, Apex Legends, or Destiny 2. Every Act introduces new content to the game, such as agents or maps, alongside an Act-exclusive battle pass featuring 55 tiers of cosmetics to unlock. However, you’ll need to ensure you finish your battle pass before…
Image via Riot
Acts in Valorant are akin to seasons in games like Fortnite, Apex Legends, or Destiny 2. Every Act introduces new content to the game, such as agents or maps, alongside an Act-exclusive battle pass featuring 55 tiers of cosmetics to unlock. However, you’ll need to ensure you finish your battle pass before an Act ends if you want to reap all of its rewards. But how long do Acts last?
How long are Valorant’s Acts?
Valorant’s Acts tend to last around two months each, give or take a few weeks. Looking at Valorant’s past Acts, most have typically ended roughly two months after launch, with some clocking in at just under two months. Additionally, some Acts — such as Ignition Act 3 — have lasted for about three months, so there’s always a possibility that an Act might be a bit longer than expected.
Related: All Valorant Episode 5 Act 1 Battle Pass content: skins, tiers, and rewards
Like most other popular online games, you will not be able to redeem battle pass rewards for a particular Act after the Act ends. If you’re considering purchasing Valorant’s battle pass, it’s always worth checking how long an Act has been out to evaluate if you’ll have enough time to unlock the current Act’s rewards before it comes to an end. However, other content introduced in an Act, like agents and maps, will carry over into the next Act.
You’ll work through battle pass tiers by leveling up. If you’re looking to level up quickly, we recommend you pay close attention to your daily and weekly missions, which both reward you with a good deal of XP.
Some of the cosmetics you’ll unlock from an Act’s battle pass can be quite stylish. If you’re looking to flaunt your fashion on the battlefield, check out our coverage on the best Operator and Spectre skins.
Man gets early morning shock as car crashes into his house
GEORGE TOWN: A homeowner in Penang got a shock on Saturday (June 25) morning when a car rammed into his home at about 7am. “I heard a bang outside and rushed out. I saw that a car had crashed into the front of my house and the empty house next door that had been used…
GEORGE TOWN: A homeowner in Penang got a shock on Saturday (June 25) morning when a car rammed into his home at about 7am.
“I heard a bang outside and rushed out. I saw that a car had crashed into the front of my house and the empty house next door that had been used as a welding workshop,” said 52-year-old Hasbullah Mohd Khalid.
News portal Berita Harian Online reported that Hasbullah was boiling water while his three children were in another room when the incident happened.
“I was confused for a moment when I saw the damage to the front of the house as it was just a few meters from the place where I was boiling water. It was only separated by a wooden wall,” he said to the portal.
Hasbullah said the damage to his house was estimated at RM50,000.
He did not have time to meet the man who was driving the vehicle because he was taken away by his friend.
It is understood that the case has been handed over to the police for further action.
Norway terror alert raised after deadly mass shooting
OSLO: The Norwegian security service PST has raised its terror alert to the highest level after a mass shooting left two people dead and many wounded during Pride week in Oslo. Acting PST chief Roger Berg called the shootings an “extreme Islamist terror act.” He said the gunman, who was arrested shortly after the shootings,…
OSLO: The Norwegian security service PST has raised its terror alert to the highest level after a mass shooting left two people dead and many wounded during Pride week in Oslo.
Acting PST chief Roger Berg called the shootings an “extreme Islamist terror act.”
He said the gunman, who was arrested shortly after the shootings, had a “long history of violence and threats.”
Early on Saturday (June 25), the gunman opened fire in Oslo’s night-life district, killing two people and leaving 10 seriously wounded in what police are investigating as a possible terrorist attack during the Norwegian capital’s annual Pride festival.
Investigators said the suspect, identified as a 42-year-old Norwegian citizen originally from Iran, was arrested after opening fire at three locations in downtown Oslo.
While the motive was unclear, organizers of Oslo Pride cancelled a parade that was set for Saturday as the highlight of a weeklong festival. One of the shootings happened outside the London Pub, a bar popular with the city’s LGBTQ community, just hours before the parade was set to begin.
Police attorney Christian Hatlo said the suspect was being held on suspicion of murder, attempted murder and terrorism, based on the number of people targeted at multiple locations.
“Our overall assessment is that there are grounds to believe that he wanted to cause grave fear in the population,” Hatlo said.
Hatlo said the suspect’s mental health was also being investigated.
“We need to go through his medical history, if he has any. It’s not something that we’re aware of now,” he said.
The shootings happened around 1am local time, sending panicked revellers fleeing into the streets or trying to hide from the gunman.
Olav Roenneberg, a journalist from Norwegian public broadcaster NRK, said he witnessed the shooting.
“I saw a man arrive at the site with a bag. He picked up a weapon and started shooting,” Roenneberg told NRK.
“First I thought it was an air gun. Then the glass of the bar next door was shattered and I understood I had to run for cover.”
Another witness, Marcus Nybakken, 46, said he was alerted to the incident by a commotion in the area.
“When I walked into Cesar’s bar there were a lot of people starting to run and there was a lot of screaming. I thought it was a fight out there, so I pulled out. But then I heard that it was a shooting and that there was someone shooting with a submachine gun,” Nybakken told Norwegian broadcaster TV2.
Police inspector Tore Soldal said two of the shooting victims died and 10 people were being treated for serious injuries, but none of them was believed to be life-threatening.
Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Stoere said in a Facebook post that “the shooting outside London Pub in Oslo tonight was a cruel and deeply shocking attack on innocent people.”
He said that while the motive was unclear, the shooting had caused fear and grief in the LGBTQ community.
“We all stand by you,” Gahr Stoere wrote.
King Harald V also offered condolences and said he and Norway’s royal family were “horrified by the night’s shooting tragedy.”
“We sympathize with all relatives and affected and send warm thoughts to all who are now scared, restless and in grief,” the Norwegian monarch said in a statement.
“We must stand together to defend our values: freedom, diversity and respect for each other. We must continue to stand up for all people to feel safe.”
Christian Bredeli, who was at the bar, told Norwegian newspaper VG that he hid on the fourth floor with a group of about 10 people until he was told it was safe to come out.
“Many were fearing for their lives,” he said.
“On our way out we saw several injured people, so we understood that something serious had happened.”
Norwegian broadcaster TV2 showed footage of people running down Oslo streets in panic as shots rang out in the background.
Investigators said the suspect was known to police, as well as to Norway’s security police, but not for any major violent crimes. His criminal record included a narcotics offence and a weapons offense for carrying a knife, Hatlo said.
Hatlo said police seized two weapons after the attack: a handgun and an automatic weapon, both of which he described as “not modern” without giving details.
He said the suspect had not made any statement to the police and was in contact with a defence lawyer.
Hatlo said it was too early to say whether the gunman specifically targeted members of the LGBTQ community.
“We have to look closer at that, we don’t know yet,” he said.
Still, police advised organizers of the Pride festival to cancel the parade Saturday.
“Oslo Pride therefore urges everyone who planned to participate or watch the parade to not show up. All events in connection with Oslo Prides are cancelled,” organizers said on the official Facebook page of the event.
Inge Alexander Gjestvang, leader of FRI, the Norwegian organisation for sexual and gender diversity, said the shooting has shaken the Nordic country’s gay community.
“It’s tough for the queer movement to experience this,” he was quoted by TV2 as saying.
“We encourage everyone to stand together, take care of each other. We’ll be back later, proud, visible but right now it’s not the time for that.”
Norway has a relatively low crime rate but has experienced violent attacks by right-wing extremists, including one of the worst mass shootings in Europe in 2011, when a gunman killed 69 people on the island of Utoya after setting off a bomb in Oslo that left eight dead.
In 2019, another right-wing extremist killed his stepsister and then opened fire in a mosque but was overpowered before anyone there was injured. – AP
Entertainment3 weeks ago
At Long Last, the First Portrait of Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor Is Here
Science3 weeks ago
Wow! International Space Station and Boeing Starliner captured in the same incredible image
Top News3 weeks ago
Shari Puorto Band performs at Beaver Creek, CO’s Blues, Brews & BBQ Festival, 2022
Top News2 weeks ago
Italy minister says nationalisation an option for Lukoil refinery
Technology3 weeks ago
Save over $650 off an unlimited lifetime subscription to Offcloud
Entertainment3 weeks ago
25 Of The Best Candid Royal Family Moments From The Platinum Jubilee
Science3 weeks ago
How to Change the Alarm Volume on iPhone
Sports3 weeks ago
Michael Bisping shares his take on the biggest UFC fight that failed to come to fruition: “That truly is the one that got away”